I was asked if I'd like to review a product called OMG Nail Stripes, and of after checking their web page, I said yes.
I got to pick my own nail stripes design, which is the "love nail polish", which is pretty interesting as I thought something like "cute news" would suit it better, haha!
1. the application is extremely easy to do. If I am not mistaken I finished the whole manicure in just under 5 minutes. Which is like, crazy fast, you know?
The application instructions are seriously idiot-proof.
- Peel off the clear coating, and then carefully remove the nail polish strip from the sticker backing,
- Start by placing whichever end on the nail strip that works better for your nails at the cuticle and apply it by smoother the strip towards the tip and your nail, smoothing out and bumps and ensuring the strip is tucked neatly into the sidewalls.
- File away any excess nail strip by holding your nail file parallel to the surface you are working on, as filing the nail perpendicularly will cause tearing along the tip.
- After you have applied all ten polish strips, take a cotton ball the has been dipped in polish removed with the excess remover wrung out, and swipe each nail 1-3 times, paying special attention to the sidewalls, tips, and cuticle area. This step is especially important, as it melts the strip to your nails, allowing for longer lasting wear.
- Apply a finishing topcoat, and wait 5 minutes for it to dry completely.
Easy, right? And after you are done, you are completely done. No need to pay attention to anything else, especially not the bed sheets ;).
The finished result is very, very pretty.
2. lasting time: I am not exactly sure how long are they supposed to last (7 days?), but on me they lasted 4 days. And don't get me wrong, this is a lot, especially with a little toddler in the house (+ I forgot the clean with polish remover to settle, thing). I did the cleaning, cooking, playing, all with the manicure and I am really impressed with their long life.
+ Super quick application
+ lasts quite a while
+ they have lots of sales (currently, buy 4 for $20!)
+ Great for a quick manicure (that is spotless too)
I highly recommend them, and if I'd buy them myself they would totally be my special (and quick) manicure for the go. They are one of the best quality nail stripes I have ever tried.
*This product has been sent to me for review purposes by the company itself of its PR department. My opinion is always honest.